tl;dr we found a memory leak in Ruby… and it mostly wasn’t our fault!
The API has been growing quickly thanks to our many contributors. In an effort to help new contributors get up to speed quickly, it was about time for a blog post to explain the process of adding in a new collection and subcollection, as well as provide some examples for commonly asked questions.
The ManageIQ team underwent a rearchitecture investigation during the summer of 2017. In this blog post I’m hoping to give a bit of an overview of why we did this, and some of the preliminary results. We did a lot of research, and there’s no way I can fit all of it in a single blog post, so this is just the first in a series on the rearchitecture efforts.