Vote for the I-Release!!! Here is the Poll on talk.manageiq.org
While we close in on the Hammer release, it’s time to think about what we’ll name the I-Release. In keeping with our nomenclature of using chess grandmasters and world champions as release names, here are the proposed names for the I-Release, as well some interesting background data:
- Ibragimov, Ildar Peak rating 2637 (April 2006) Ibragimov is a chess Grandmaster. He played in the bronze medal-winning USA team in the 2006 Chess Olympiad. He was ranked No. 73 in January 2006 with a rating of 2635. Ibragimov was awarded the Grandmaster title in 1993.
- Ioseliani, Nana Peak rating 2520 (July 1997) Ioseliani has held the FIDE Woman Grandmaster title since 1980, and the International Master title since 1993. She has won the Women’s Soviet Chess Championship four times. She also played in 8 Women’s Chess Olympiads between 1980 and 2002, winning team gold 5 times in total, twice with Russia (in 1980 and 1982) and three times with Georgia (1992, 1994 and 1996).
- Ipatov, Alexander Peak rating 2662 (April 2017) Ipatov is a Ukrainian-born Turkish chess grandmaster. He is the top ranked chess player of Turkey. Ipatov was world junior champion in 2012 and Turkish champion in 2014 and 2015. Since 2012, he has played for the Turkish national team in the Chess Olympiad, World Team Chess Championship and European Team Chess Championship.
- Iturrizaga, Eduardo Peak Rating 2671 (April 2017) Iturrizaga is a Venezuelan chess player who achieved the title of Grandmaster in 2008, making him the first and, to date, only Venezuelan chess grandmaster. He competed in the FIDE World Cup in 2007, 2009, 2013 and 2015.
- Ivanchuk, Vassily Peak rating 2787 (October 2007) A leading player since 1988, Ivanchuk was ranked No. 2 three times (July 1991, July 1992, October 2007). His erratic results have seen him drop as low as 30th in July 2009, but he returned to the top ten in the next list.
You are welcome to write in any player you want (as long as their last name starts with the letter I) by replying to the topic with your choice. Here are the top 100 active players and all grandmasters - past and present.
Votes entered by Friday, July 20 will be tallied and the name will be announced on Monday, July 23.